Friday, November 22, 2013

English - Assignment 1

English - Assignment 1

Our first assignment was a written essay. We were suppose to write a 600 - 800 worded essay based on a certain topic. For these topics we were given 3 choices.

1. Using recycled products to construct buildings can help preserve the environment. What do you think are the causes and effects of this condition? Plan your response, and then write a cause and effect essay.

2. Write a compare and contrast essay about any two Zero Energy Office (ZEO) buildings. Support your answers by referring to any of the existing ZEO offices in Asia.

3. Identify the steps involved in model making. Then, write a process essay to describe this process.
 
I chose the third as it seemed the easiest to write about. Prior to this Ms. Thivilojana had taught us several techniques on essay writing as well as how to mock up a proper pre - writing.
 
I started my essay by doing some research on different websites on what are the steps to making a model. I chose to use an architectural model as it best suit my course.
I then moved all the information I had to a basic pre - writing and had it checked by Ms. Thivilojana.
She told me what I could have added and what I should take out. With that done I then started on my essay. The essay had took me about an hour to an hour and a half to finish.

This essay had taught me about the importance of a pre - writing essay as I would probably made more mistakes and taken more time to write than I already had if it weren't for the pre - writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment